Having recognized the need to improve the capabilities and resources of their fire department the citizens of Seaford elected their first Board of Fire Commissioners in early 1924. The first meeting of the duly elected Fire Commissioners was held in the Hall of the Seaford Fire Department on July 18, 1924.
The first Board of Fire Commissioners was as follows:
Elected by the board to the position of Chairman was Ira H. L Hommediue to the position of Clerk was Charles Herrold. During this first meeting, it was resolved that the newly formed fire district be known by the name of the Seaford Fire District.
This first meeting was adjourned at 8:55 PM. Shortly after the first meeting, the regular meeting of the Seaford Fire District was convened. During this meeting, it was determined by the Board of Commissioners that $20,000 be raised and levied against taxable property within the Seaford Fire District and that bonds be issued for the purchase of fire apparatus and equipment, fire wells, water supply and to pay interest and maintenance charges. A total of three meetings were held on the 18th day of July 1924.